Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Women Who Work With Metal" Group Show in Maple Ridge, BC

Here's the invite to a group show I'm in Oct. 8- Nov. 12. Maple Ridge has a beautiful arts centre and gallery, and this show has some spectacular work in it. I especially love Sylvie Roussel-Janssen's work, pictured at the bottom of this post. I thought at first it was stained glass, but it is actually fabric stretched over a series of metal frames.


rack cardrack card

Please note I will be giving an artist talk on November 5, 1-2:30 pm. I will be showing a slide presentation of the progression of my work from jewellery to sculpture, some photos of the armour and samurai sword fittings that have inspired me, and also a bit of a travelogue of the artist residency I did in Finland, which was so important to the development of my work.

Setting up the show with the other 5 artists, I was amazed at the variety of approaches to working in metal.

No comments: